Every nursery should evoke a personality, a sense of calm and a lot of charm. This stunning combination of baby furniture and accessories combine to make an enchanting and unisex nursery for any girl or boy. Powder blue is not just a color for boys as hits of floral, feminine details and satin bows can easily take a plane nursery from simple to elegant with both feminine and masculine undertones.
In the image:
- Chandelier: baga.it- Art 1080 Century silver leaf and nickel frame with clear crystals and grey fabric lampshade. The best way to add detail to a child’s room without having to worry about breakage or other child harm is to choose an ornate chandelier that is out of reach but in full view. A chandelier like this is perfect for a small baby of any sex but ages very well with a little princess. This piece is also classy enough that you could move it into your living room or dining room in the future as your child ages. This is the ideal item to spend the extra money on as it can become an heirloom piece and is very versatile for rooms and styles.
- Chest: interiorinternet.com- blue bell chest. A chest like this is easy to replicate for the DIY savvy. Find yourself an old chest on craigslist, kajiji or in a local flea market- strip and sand- refinish with a low VOC paint like Benjamin Moore’s Natura line in colors like high gloss decorators white (CC-20) or for a bit of color high gloss Blue Stream (CC-730). Then go online and find yourself a vinyl decal from a store like whatisblik.com where if you don’t find what you like (try-rococo pop, ambition killed the cat, swan skins, anise or paisley) you can always submit a graphic or hand sketch to have customized just for you! Apply your applique and but out around the drawers and you are done!
- Bassinet: poshtots.com- cherubini bassinet with linens $900.00. For a baby who truly deserves the best check out poshtots.com where you can add luxury and elegance to your newborns life with white wicker and ivory dupioni silk. Once your newborn outgrows their bassinet consider upgrading them to the Chelsea Sleigh crib in Antique silver finish for only $1,452.00
- Table lamp: metalart.com- Josephine Queen table lamp. This sleek modern take on a classic piece adds a great sparkle to a child’s room with plenty of drama and a light glow. Consider finding a piece like this is a bold color like fuschia or lavender to add an extra bit of color to your nursery.
- Blanket: poshtots.com- once again every nursery need s a hit of opulence and style. Throw in a decorative silk blanket or pillow to your nursing chair to make yourself feel like a queen.
- Stool: insideavenue.com- next to your nursing chair consider a cut little side table/stool like this to sit your baby bottle, rattle or soother. Add some extra interest to your space with fun colored tables, ornate shapes or interesting textures. If you can find a table made of stiff foam to keep you little one extra safe that would be an even better bet!
- Chair: interiorinternet.com- Babetta chair. Don’t let yourself go in a messy old chair for breastfeeding if you can find a gorgeous chair that hugs you back. If you want a more contemporary look try the Showtime chair by Jamie Haydon for Poltrona Frau from the outdoor collection that is extra durable for baby’s little messes.