Take a look at the January/February 2011 Canadian Interiors magazine for a couple great shots of some of Edmonton Interior Design industries favorite people! The photos are from the IDA 2010 Christmas Party at TU Gallery in Edmonton- if you remember my article from a little while back. There is a cute little picture of me in there as well with my fellow planners of the event Celeste from Shaw carpet and Laurie from Edgewise design. Any press is good press and Canadian Interiors Magazine is great press…. one step closer to making it in there for a project!
Christmas Season has started off with a bang this year. As part of the IDA event planning group we have been slaving away for a few months planning our first annual IDA Christmas Party! The event was held last night (November 30th 2010) at TU gallery on 124th street in Edmonton. The food, wine and venue were all amazing but what really made the event was the quantity of Edmontons brightest designers, reps, archtiects and contractors who gathered to celebrate and mingle. The gallery was filled with bright happy faces particularily with all of the great prizes to be won!
A big thanks to our generous sponsors! Thank you for continuously supporting the Edmonton Interior Design industry:
- Tu Gallery owner Alex Pattison for both the wine and location!
- Allwest – Conscience Mesh Back Task Chair
- Ameya Studio – Basket of handmade all natural vegan face and body care
- Business Interiors by Staples – 2 wine boxes and a hair product gift basket
- Daltile & Stone – gift cards
- DIRTT – Tea Chest
- Haworth – LIM task light
- Herman Miller & COI – Eames Chair
- Interface Flor – Digital Picture Frame
- Julian Tile – Table lamp from Henry’s Gallery
- Maharam – 2 Pillows- Repeat classic stripe in Poppy and Repeat dot ring in Robin
- Metro Wallcoverings – Bay Gift card and Picture Album
- Optics Lighting – $100 gift card
- RGO Office Products – Circa Chair
- Solutions Workplace Furnishings – Brazo Lamp
- Sound-Rite Acoustics – Wine Basket
- Spalding Hardware – Calli Arredobano Bath accessories
I was super excited mysefl to have won the Haworth LIM Light!! It now has a great spot at my blogging desk at home.
Great turnout from the Kasian design crowd. Thanks Roddy, Christine, Simon, Mike, Judy, Julie and Todd for supporting me and this great event! I hope you all had a great time.
Next year we are planning on going even bigger and better. Let me know if you have any great ideas!
Joy TU the World!
Its been a long time coming and now its here. The IDA is putting on its first annual Edmonton industry Christmas party. If you are an Interior Designer, Architect, Technologist, Product rep or Contractor we want you to join in! Great prizes, food, wine and music.
The party is being held at TU Gallery (10718-124th Street) on Tuesday November 30th. Please contact the IDA office to purchase tickets by credit card by November 22nd (780-413-0013).
Please contact the IDA office or myself if you have any questions or wish to donate a door prize.
For those of you lucky Avenue readers in Edmonton check your news stands this months edition where you can find me (your friendly downtown design blogger) sharing my tips on Victorian design with a twist! For those of you missing out on Avenue’s fine magazine there is still hope; check out the online edition at:
Thank you Jaelyn and Avenue for the great article!