Christmas is a time for fun and festive celebration and giving, a time to show your heart and light up the world. What better way to express yourself than to personalize your home to your own individual tastes. Picking a theme, color or word that expresses yourself will create an astonishing decor that speaks to you and shows your true self to others.
In the next few days I want to share with you some great bold themes that are anything but ordinary and far more than just a green and red Christmas!
Beach Theme Christmas Decor ideas:
If you still can’t get summer off your mind or you are somewhere hot and tropical like California, Hawaii or even Australia this Christmas bring the seashells home! A beach theme offers a great personal decor statement at a low and DIY friendly price. Keep the decor simple and relaxed to make the decor pop.
• Make a sea shell wreath for your front door, matle or window! Cover a styrofoam wreath in shells- all you need is a little hot glue and some patience. You can come up with some great designs using different colors, shapes and sizes.
• Make a seashell garland out of pre drilled shells and a fishing line,
• Wrap your presents in a light ocean blue or sea foam green handmade paper with twine or white ribbon and add a starfish, sea urchin or a cluster of shells instead of a big bow.
• Use mother of pearl or iridescent white charger plates
• Make all your accents either white, gold or silver (adding too many accents will make your theme scattered and too busy)
• Use varying heights of candles around the room for a romantic night at the beach setting
• Consider using sand, shells and white/clear and iridescent ornaments to make a grand centerpiece.
• Hang seashells and simple ornaments from your chandelier
• Accentuate your mantle with a piece of driftwood, some candles and a large conch shell
• For a bit of extra bling and refinement spray paint some of your decorative starfish or larger shells in silver or gold
• Can you say mermaid tree topper?
• Mix your tree decor with large shells, water colour baubles and clear glass ornaments filled with beach finds
• Give your gingerbread bikinis and toques and cut your shortbread into nautical shapes of stars, anchors and shells.
• Serve oceanic fare for dinner
• Surprise your guests and paint a wall Sherwin Williams SW6477 Tidewater or SW6470 Waterscape as a brilliant backdrop to your Christmas tree or mantle wall.
Merry Christmas!! May all your trees have Tiffany’s blue boxes under them