Happy Canada Day 2010!
As an ode to my great country I would love to share with you some of the raw design talent that this country produces.
Design Giants & Greats:
- YabuPushelberg is a global design icon out of Toronto which specialize in luxury Commercial, Residential, Retail and Hospitality Interiors on a global scale with great projects such as the W hotel in New York, Fin Restaurant Las Vegas, One Restaurant Toronto, Louis Vuitton Hong Kong, Tiffany New York and Trump Residences Hollywood.
- Andres Escobar & Associates out of Montreal does luxury Commercial, Multi tenant residential and Hospitality on a global scale from Montreal, New York, New Delhi and Abu Dhabi to Las Vegas. Some of his prestigious projects include Chelsea Club Residences in New York, The Clock Tower Hotel in New York, Siddharth Hotel in New Delhi, Guess Flagship Store Toronto and the Point Zero Head Office Montreal. I had the pleasure of working with Escobar for 3 great years including a 4 month internship.
- Cecconi Simone from Toronto also do Luxury Residential, Hospitality, Corporate, Exhibit and Retail. Most of their work is in Canada and includes XIS Stratford Hotel, Indigo Retail, Alfred Sung, Club Monaco, Sub-Zero Wolf Showroom. They are also well known for their TV show and have been featured in many magazines.
- Patricia Gray focuses on living and working environments and has had great success in Canada, the US, Japan, Singapore and Africa. She has designed celebrity homes and has a very impressive educational background in all aspects of Interior Design. She is also very well known for her blog.
- Jerilyn Wright is an Interior Designer in Calgary. Her firm has been around for 25 years and she has successfully taken over the higher end market with gorgeous projects such as Astoria on 10th and La Caille on 4th.
- Kasian is a well know Canadian Interiors, Architecture and Urban Planning Giant. Originally started up in Edmonton they now have offices around the world. They specialize in academic, civic, interiors, healthcare, transportation, urban development, facilities planning and master planning. Some of my favorite Kasian projects include the Calgary Children’s Hospital, Edmonton Federal Building, Bennett Jones Edmonton, Vancouver International Airport station and Epcor Tower Edmonton. I have has the pleasure of working with Kasian since February 2009.
- Stantec with its headquarters in Edmonton now has offices across Canada and the US. They specialize in planning, engineering, architecture, interior design, landscape architecture, surveying and environmental sciences. Some of their best known projects are the Confederation Bridge, Ottawa and Vancouver International Airport, Whistler Sliding Center, Harley Davidson Edmonton, Westin Times Square New York, RCMP Forensics Laboratory and the Kennedy Space Center in Florida.
Please feel free to comment and let me know of any other Notable Canadian Design Firms!